training?

Welcome to the forums! If you'd like to introduce yourself or your business please post it here. Forum moderators will also answer questions about posting messages, adding images, embedding video or general help with the forum.
taylorw16

training?

Post by taylorw16 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:29 pm

new to here and I had a few questions about training and how to go about it. I currently am a maintenence man for a service station that is expanding pretty fast in PA we currently have 4 stores and are expanding. Right now I only know the basics of the pumps and would like to know more. We often have problems that we have to call other people in to trouble shoot, most of the time it generally basic stuff. I'm very mechanically inclined I'm the guy who takes care of all of our machinery on the farm end of the business (owner of the store ownes Polo fields, horse race course and thousands of acres) but I'm lacking in education on the pumps. All of our stuff is Gilbarco and new with in the last few years we a lot of time have card reader problems and other small stuff that I would like to learn more of, was pretty much wondering who can teach me the basics of the pumps. Anything on the east coast that a maintenance man could take a course in? Thanks for the help, will.

ZMiller
Head Tech

Re: training?

Post by ZMiller » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:40 am

This is the place (The PEI Forum) to be. If you are working on just your equipment then you would ask you supplier of Gilbarco parts and equipment for basic training help.
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they will begin looking forward to the trip"

nighthawkrebuilder
Head Tech

Re: training?

Post by nighthawkrebuilder » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:51 am

taylorw16 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:29 pm
new to here and I had a few questions about training and how to go about it. I currently am a maintenence man for a service station that is expanding pretty fast in PA we currently have 4 stores and are expanding. Right now I only know the basics of the pumps and would like to know more. We often have problems that we have to call other people in to trouble shoot, most of the time it generally basic stuff. I'm very mechanically inclined I'm the guy who takes care of all of our machinery on the farm end of the business (owner of the store ownes Polo fields, horse race course and thousands of acres) but I'm lacking in education on the pumps. All of our stuff is Gilbarco and new with in the last few years we a lot of time have card reader problems and other small stuff that I would like to learn more of, was pretty much wondering who can teach me the basics of the pumps. Anything on the east coast that a maintenance man could take a course in? Thanks for the help, will.
If you need help with rebuilt part for your dispensers, consoles, POS systems, etc., give me a call. We are rebuilders for the petroleum/c-store industry :D
Junior(Mike)
Global Petroleum Electronics Rebuilders
303-403-0761
mjmorgan@gogper.com