Zeltex Fuel Analyzer

Welcome to the forums! If you'd like to introduce yourself or your business please post it here. Forum moderators will also answer questions about posting messages, adding images, embedding video or general help with the forum.
Zeltex

Zeltex Fuel Analyzer

Post by Zeltex » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:11 pm

I am curious to how many of you currently use, or have the interest in using, a portable fuel analyzer to read Octane, Cetane, Ethanol, and Biodiesel percentages? Quick, lab accurate results in the field or in the lab. I would love your feedback!

CherokeeUST
Head Tech

Re: Zeltex Fuel Analyzer

Post by CherokeeUST » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:26 am

I've seen fuel Inspectors in Oklahoma use such a device.
The opinions expressed here are entirely mine and are not endorsed by my employer.
Robert

Join our UST Compliance Group.
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8358167/

Tankette
Pump Jockey

Post by Tankette » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:33 am

We had one way back in time at when I was with a chain in Upstate NY. It was purchased a couple years before I even started so sometime around 2000. It was out-dated due to the introduction of EtOH by the time I tinkered with it and back then it was cost prohibitive. The company decided not to upgrade but it was very cool and not hard to use, I just was not getting accurate results since the composition of fuels had changed. It would have been good to understand the effect of small amounts of water contamination on the remaining fuel after water was removed.
We are Energy Systems experts that ensure 911 dispatch and hospitals have continuous power! Contact us for all your back-up generator fuel system needs.

Jennifer Washburn | Director, EHS - Texas | OCCU-TEC, Inc. | jwashburn@occutec.com

ZMiller
Head Tech

Post by ZMiller » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:18 pm

It's a far more effective tool when it's plugged into the lap top and you can see exactly where your sample curve runs. It is fun to use when you add a drop of water and see the IFR reflection spike on dissolved water in the fuel column being compared. The newer Zeltex units are a lot more compact and easy to use.
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they will begin looking forward to the trip"