VF Commander with TOKHEIM Premier B and DHC

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
jbarcome

VF Commander with TOKHEIM Premier B and DHC

Post by jbarcome » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi All, I am not a petroleum tech but rather a store operator with an IT background.

We had a VF VASC and local pump servicer install a VF Commander & Ruby2 system at a location with TOKHEIM Premier B's and a nonVX DHC. The site operates for about an hour and then the pumps become unresponsive. Doing a reset controller fixes the problem for about another hour. Doesn't seem to be tied to time but rather maybe the number of transactions. The nonVX DHC has the supported v(1.6) firmware.

We installed a vxDHC and the site runs stable.

I am being told by VF that they have many sites with Commander/TOK B/nonVX DHC running.

Can anyone offer any thoughts?

ATLTech
Head Tech

Re: VF Commander with TOKHEIM Premier B and DHC

Post by ATLTech » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:44 pm

We have had issues at every site with a DHC. To my knowledge they now all have a VXDHC. I would say that the upgrade to a VXDHC was needed and better that you got it over with. As far as "many" sites working with it, I do not know. That may be possible but reading this forum will make you think otherwise.

xardoz
Head Tech

Post by xardoz » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:18 pm

We have had the same issues, all VxDHCs are fine.

1 site with a DHC has never has an issue, can not explain it...
https://online.hillsdale.edu

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
Benjamin Franklin

Peggy
Head Tech

Post by Peggy » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:07 am

Same here - sites that already had a VXDHC had no issues. Sites with a DHC were a nightmare.

405pumptech1
Pump Jockey

Post by 405pumptech1 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:40 pm

Well don't listen to VHD they know absolutely Nada about Tokheim and Commanders Relations or Lack there of. I found out the hard way. Dont you dare call the manufacturer of the commander and ask for documentation. What you have no documentation? Didn't some sites beta test this scenario? Where can I see those? You can't. They dont exist. I Had a site 5 product blenders, narrow frame, non graphic DPT. Didn't figure it out the first day, or the few hours the second day, but by Golly I figured it out on the saturday I had PPI send me a VXDHC to the store. The DHC would not send out any prices, It would show Idle, turn on the 67b relay and that is all. Put in the VX and Same thing. I finally figured out VF had no clue or Idea or testing on a 5product unit with Tokheim, Long of the short I had to program as 3 product variable blend then it snapped right into action.

Okgasman
Head Tech

Post by Okgasman » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:30 pm

I am not sure if this will help anyone, but I have found on older type pumps where you do not use the FCI for fuel(Tok and Bennett) it helps to get the fuel up and running flawlessly before you start programming DCRs. Once fuel is up and sending prices, go back into the Config and only then start checking the DCR in pump box and programming keypads and Idle screens and DCR positions.

This was after several reloads and programming option tries to get fuel prices to correct spots and what not. Sometimes the prices would not go out at all, sometimes not to correct spots.

After learning the trick of getting the the Fuel working first, then programming DCRs, I have completed several start ups with out any hitches.

That being said, I have never had to program one with the older style non VXDHC so I am not sure if it will work or not. My two cents.