Primary FEP RNCL Failed

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
jgar477
Head Tech

Primary FEP RNCL Failed

Post by jgar477 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:31 pm

Has anybody seen this message or knows what it is exactly? Verifone recommended a reload which I did and I was able to get the credit cards working again however the message reappeared after the site did a day close and said host unavailable.

Site is unbranded buypass with commander running 3.10.39 and using a paysafe device. Echosat and Buypass say everything looks ok. Verifone just recommended a reload but can't tell me anything more about it.

xardoz
Head Tech

Re: Primary FEP RNCL Failed

Post by xardoz » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:38 pm

Yes, we have had 2 sites with this error, it means that the Card processor can not reconcile the last batch

The processor, aka: First data, is out of sync with the site.
https://online.hillsdale.edu

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
Benjamin Franklin

jgar477
Head Tech

Post by jgar477 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:10 am

Thanks for the response. I do know that when the site closes out their day they are getting a host unavailable message. After a couple of days the credit cards eventually stop working. Like I said buypass says everything looks good on their end. Any suggestion on how to resolve this?

3rdrock
Head Tech

Post by 3rdrock » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:49 pm

A non EMV Chevron had this issue,the CC stopped working,Verifone said to reload it. I took a backup and reloaded it and the next day after a EOD, all the CC stopped working again. Verifone said reload it again. My work mate went there and reloaded it and hand programmed the fuel,DCRs, network DEPT,and made a keyboard and the site had to program their sku and the issue did not happen again. The backup was corrupted.

pumpinainteasy
Pump Jockey

Post by pumpinainteasy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:03 pm

I saw this happen at a site, but found after several hours of reloading/importing/reloading etc. it was the bank (BAM) that had done something with the sites account to where the store owner had to go to the bank to take care of something for them to start processing again.

jgar477
Head Tech

Post by jgar477 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:01 am

Went back to the site and got a hold of the network and found that they were setup to close the day at a time different than the time they were actually closing. Finally got a hold of somebody at Verifone that had seen this issue before and confirmed that they were out of sync with the network. Had them change the time to when they actually close and haven't heard back from them. Yet.

Thanks to all who responded.

PetroProsOK

Post by PetroProsOK » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:16 am

Hi, it seems you have got this issue sorted out but im posting because ive had this issue come up recently and found a pretty solid way of fixing it.

The error itself is because, as you found, the store isnt closing within the allowed times as set by the network (buypass 1500-2400 eastern time). A couple of fixes here:

1. Have the merchant contact the network if they need to change that time or set a specific time due to their unique circumstance.

2. Call buypass, go through the dreaded process, specifically mention "we need first data to perform a provisional reset for this account". This will require the security confirmation, so youll need to be onsite. Once they have done that, perform a new table download and set up the auto end of day inside the commander programming (if the site cant manage to close the day at the proper times).