Wayne V590 and Loyalty

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
technoman
Head Tech

Wayne V590 and Loyalty

Post by technoman » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:33 am

Customer will pull up insert loyalty card it drops the price no problem, when they are done the price on the pump doesn't go back to original price. The next customer pulls up the price stays however the commander and dispenser calculates to the original price so of course they think they are being ripped off. The only way to get price back to original is to initialize fuel.
Shell
V590
IX 2.7.4.0
50 version software on bases in dispensers
commander is at 2.04.11

Verifone of course says its Wayne and Wayne says its verifone

Any suggestions?
Keep it simple the more Complex it is the more expensive and harder to understand and guess what you get the same result. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Joejohnson
Head Tech

Re: Wayne V590 and Loyalty

Post by Joejohnson » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:21 am

technoman wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:33 am
Customer will pull up insert loyalty card it drops the price no problem, when they are done the price on the pump doesn't go back to original price. The next customer pulls up the price stays however the commander and dispenser calculates to the original price so of course they think they are being ripped off. The only way to get price back to original is to initialize fuel.
Shell
V590
IX 2.7.4.0
commander is at 2.04.11

Any suggestions?
The price stays the same even after reset?

technoman
Head Tech

Post by technoman » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:27 am

Yes even after the next customer reset only changes on initialize fuel
Keep it simple the more Complex it is the more expensive and harder to understand and guess what you get the same result. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Joejohnson
Head Tech

Post by Joejohnson » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:38 am

technoman wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:27 am
Yes even after the next customer reset only changes on initialize fuel
I would try upgrading from 50. 74 is current if memory serves.

pumpguy55
Head Tech

Post by pumpguy55 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:19 pm

technoman wrote:
Shell
V590
IX 2.7.4.0
commander is at 2.04.11

Any suggestions?
in the early 90s handbook 44 required that the purchase price be held on the display for 15 minutes or until the next sale began. Most point of sale systems don't support this.

I am not sure if this is still a requirement

xardoz
Head Tech

Post by xardoz » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:31 pm

wHAT ERA OF V590?
https://online.hillsdale.edu

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
Benjamin Franklin

pumpguy55
Head Tech

Post by pumpguy55 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:21 pm

technoman wrote:
Shell
V590
IX 2.7.4.0
commander is at 2.04.11

Any suggestions?
I found it....
S.1.6.5.5. Display of Quantity and Total Price. – Except for aviation refueling applications, when a
delivery is completed, the total price and quantity for that transaction shall be displayed on the face of
the dispenser for at least five minutes or until the next transaction is initiated by using controls on the
device or other customer-activated controls.
[Nonretroactive as of January 1, 1994]
(Added 1992) (Amended 1996 and 2007)

S.1.6.5.6. Display of Quantity and Total Price, Aviation Refueling Applications.
(a) The quantity shall be displayed throughout the transaction.
(b) The total price shall also be displayed under one of the following conditions:
(1) The total price can appear on the face of the dispenser or through a controller adjacent to
the device.
(2) If a device is designed to continuously compute and display the total price, then the total
price shall be computed and displayed throughout the transaction for the quantity delivered.
(c) The total price and quantity shall be displayed for at least five minutes or until the next
transaction is initiated by using controls on the device or other customer-activated controls.
(d) A printed receipt shall be available and shall include, at a minimum, the total price, quantity,
and unit price.

RossD
Head Tech

Post by RossD » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:03 pm

Version 50 is the current Vista Duplex version, 74 is for an IGEM. I would upgrade the IX software to current version which is 2.8.102.80 even though it should have nothing to do with the computer not resetting the price.
:roll:

Joejohnson
Head Tech

Post by Joejohnson » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:20 am

RossD wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:03 pm
Version 50 is the current Vista Duplex version, 74 is for an IGEM. I would upgrade the IX software to current version which is 2.8.102.80 even though it should have nothing to do with the computer not resetting the price.
Yeah, I clearly read it too fast.

Thought about it more a little later but did not want to delete it.

technoman
Head Tech

Post by technoman » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:07 pm

I figured on the software I will upgrade the IX but like Ross said probably has nothing to do with it. I believe its in the duplex somewhere they also have a E85 which has a newer dispenser with an Igem and loyalty works fine there.