Tokheim 262A

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
qtip
Pump Jockey

Tokheim 262A

Post by qtip » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:31 pm

Hi everybody
This drives me crazy, I am working on 262A suction pump. I've replaced all the boards, one by one, the problem is, as soon as on/off handle is lifted, motor starts, pump resets. After reset is completed, motor stops, I checked voltage on J2 pin 1 on motherboard and its 110V while pump is resetting and drops to zero after reset. Funny thing is if I disconnect motor control wire from solid state relay voltage stays after reset. So my first conclusion was bad relay, tried another one , same thing, pulled one from working pump, same thing. I hook up motor straight to the breaker just to prove it that transaction is not terminated after reset, with motor running and pump reset fuel is flowing. No error codes or anything
Help please

eromlo49
Head Tech

Re: Tokheim 262A

Post by eromlo49 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:38 am

Check voltage drop when the motor starts with an analog meter! Sounds like voltage is dropping badly with the motor starting load!

Huckfin

Re: Tokheim 262A

Post by Huckfin » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:36 am

I am new to the site but not the industry. I have noticed this post and realize it is rather old. I would like to add my input on the problem you are having. I have had this problem before......Replace the mother board.