Verifone Commander Gift Card Fuel Theft?

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
javamelt
Head Tech

Re: Verifone Commander Gift Card Fuel Theft?

Post by javamelt » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:14 pm

Samir wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:06 pm
javamelt wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:59 pm
Found issue to be an imeter. Since then we had replace dozens of meters for this same issue.
So is this really a Commander/Ovation or just an Ovation issue? If it is an ovation issue could it happen to ovations connected to other pos systems?
It’s just the imeter locking up causing it to stop in a place where a small amount of fuel is able to sneak by and not register.
So you work 40 hour weeks, I remember my first part time job! :lol:

Samir
Head Tech

Post by Samir » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:31 pm

javamelt wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:14 pm
Samir wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:06 pm
javamelt wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:59 pm
Found issue to be an imeter. Since then we had replace dozens of meters for this same issue.
So is this really a Commander/Ovation or just an Ovation issue? If it is an ovation issue could it happen to ovations connected to other pos systems?
It’s just the imeter locking up causing it to stop in a place where a small amount of fuel is able to sneak by and not register.
So more of a calibration thing than a security issue then, right?
Not a technician even though it says 'Head Tech'. :?

petrodood1
Head Tech

Post by petrodood1 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:48 pm

Had this occur many years ago at a sam's site. Wayne 3v590's with dual cat boards and the POS controller they were using at that time. The customer would swipe a card and the dispenser would authorize, customer would take nozzle out and set the nozzle on the ground and wait for the POS to time out. The customer would start to dispense product because the POS didn't remove the authorization. We fixed by changing the time-out on the dispenser...Might try to simulate based on this info... Drop me an email for more info.. as I said this was a long time ago, prior to idpos..
Are you here to raise the prices?

I thought it would work even though the sign said "OUT OF ORDER"

It's come to me over the years that orange cones are idiot attractants.. :P

Samir
Head Tech

Post by Samir » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:19 pm

petrodood1 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:48 pm
Had this occur many years ago at a sam's site. Wayne 3v590's with dual cat boards and the POS controller they were using at that time. The customer would swipe a card and the dispenser would authorize, customer would take nozzle out and set the nozzle on the ground and wait for the POS to time out. The customer would start to dispense product because the POS didn't remove the authorization. We fixed by changing the time-out on the dispenser...Might try to simulate based on this info... Drop me an email for more info.. as I said this was a long time ago, prior to idpos..
Sounds like this shouldn't be much of an issue these days if the pos is connected properly to the pump and is set up to time out properly.
Not a technician even though it says 'Head Tech'. :?

John garrity
Pump Jockey

Post by John garrity » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:19 pm

Samir wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:25 pm
Thank you for the additional insight. You mention the OEM's make effective solutions for newer pumps--does their system work similar to yours or is it something different?
We also work with newer pumps. Competitive advantages: Patented, additional sensors, push message ability, log activity at the pump, ability to connect into existing security, base standard includes battery operation, 100% supported by qualified independent petroleum contractors, Underwriters Laboratory Hazardous rated to protect hydraulics.
We have a very knowledgeable customer that will not put in EMV without door security.