Gilbarco Passport Integrated EBT

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
Samir
Head Tech

Re: Gilbarco Passport Integrated EBT

Post by Samir » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:58 am

POSDiddy wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:25 am
V12.02 does require a MNSP router. Maybe that's the $1600 quote.... Or, does the $1600 include some back charges because your PSO has lapsed and it needs to be current before ordering V12? If you have current PSO and you already have a MNSP router - then why not just call the Support Center and ask for them to provide? (That's why I'm thinking there's some more details to the cost you're giving.)
What is an MNSP router? Is that different than the rv042? If so, then that's probably it. Also, our brand hadn't released v12 when we had our system installed so that's why we didn't get v12 from the get-go.
Not a technician even though it says 'Head Tech'. :?

POSDiddy
Head Tech

Post by POSDiddy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:06 am

If you have a Linksys or CISCO router - you don't have a MNSP. Acumera, Cybera, Sagenet, Hughes, Mako, etc. are MNSP solutions. What's interesting is you're saying V12 wasn't released at the time, but the Linksys and CISCO routers have been end of life for a while and Gilbarco has been providing the Secure Zone Router for FDC-Generic since at least October 2018 (with V11.02 for Concord). That would mean your system install isn't as recent as the trail implies. Version 12 for Concord has been out for only the last few months.

If you truly did get a recent install of a whole new Passport in the last few months with a Linksys / CISCO router and V11.02, you probably should be calling that company to understand how that happened.

sirent
Pump Jockey

Post by sirent » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:34 am

I'll go ahead and reach out then because I literally ordered it in December and we didn't even take over this site/get it installed until January 13, 2020. We're having major issues with registers freezing in the middle of the day and automated store closing not happening. I have the Cisco RV042 router as well. Maybe that software upgrade will get things resolved for us.

Samir
Head Tech

Post by Samir » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:18 pm

POSDiddy wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:06 am
If you have a Linksys or CISCO router - you don't have a MNSP. Acumera, Cybera, Sagenet, Hughes, Mako, etc. are MNSP solutions. What's interesting is you're saying V12 wasn't released at the time, but the Linksys and CISCO routers have been end of life for a while and Gilbarco has been providing the Secure Zone Router for FDC-Generic since at least October 2018 (with V11.02 for Concord). That would mean your system install isn't as recent as the trail implies. Version 12 for Concord has been out for only the last few months.

If you truly did get a recent install of a whole new Passport in the last few months with a Linksys / CISCO router and V11.02, you probably should be calling that company to understand how that happened.
We have a Mako (and have for years) connected to our cable modem which the rv042 connects to, but I know there is supposed to be a 'newer' mako that would replace what we have. But our brand hasn't moved to those yet and that's probably why we got the rv042. The install was done in Dec 2019, so it's recent.

When I spoke to the service manager at two different companies prior to ordering the system, neither one was showing v12 available to order for our brand, probably because the Makos haven't been upgraded yet. The brand is definitely more behind than others it seems.

Samir
Head Tech

Post by Samir » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:20 pm

sirent wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:34 am
I'll go ahead and reach out then because I literally ordered it in December and we didn't even take over this site/get it installed until January 13, 2020. We're having major issues with registers freezing in the middle of the day and automated store closing not happening. I have the Cisco RV042 router as well. Maybe that software upgrade will get things resolved for us.
Yeah sounds like you don't have the latest stuff based on v12 being available for Concord. I'd definitely call the company you got it from and find out why.